Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Poker Resolutions For the Month of June


  1. Do not play 5/10 limit.
  2. Focus on profitable games: it's okay to play low stakes - e.g., 2/4 and 3/6 limit or 0.25/.50 no limit - when one is (a) still learning and (b) profitable at those stakes.
  3. Play more tournaments, but only when there's (a) nothing else going on and (b) enough time to see them through to the end.
  4. No matter how tempting, do not play 5/10 limit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Alceste said...

heh? How is that "heh" worthy?

5/31/2006 1:49 PM  
Blogger Karol said...

I remember my own "do not play 5/10 limit" pledge. My problem was that I was sitting down with like 100 bucks and hoping to make something happen. And, well, I couldn't.

6/02/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Karol said...

Oh, and now I just have a "do not play limit" pledge.

6/02/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Alceste said...

My problem was making a lot of money really fast, then having a lot of big ups and downs, followed by a series of downs - comparing roughly equivalent levels (2/4 v. NL .25/.50, 3/6 vs. NL .50/1), I am a significantly more profitable limit player - the 5/10 game was just too much for me (for now at least - am going to build myself up to it properly the next go around...)

6/02/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger rakethetable said...

I agree. Popped into a 5/10 game and dropped $70 in 20 mins. Luckily, I got up - sat at a 3/6 game and made $200. I am now weary of the 5/10. Same day same guy playing totally different results. What is it about that 5/10 game?
Thanks - Good luck.

6/04/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Alceste said...

Definitey talking about the online game. Playing limit in a casino always seems to feel like stepping back in to the bizarro world of $.10/.25 limit holdem of my earliest poker days. At this point, my casino play is limited by bankroll concerns more than anything else, where I've found the 6/12 games to probably be the "right" sized game for my bankroll (but will likely give 10/20 a try up in Foxwoods in a couple of weeks...)

8/19/2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home